A compilation film showing scenes of Clacton-on-Sea.
1. Opening shots taken from a moving open topped tourist bus. It shows scenes of the seafront as the bus passes the Pavilion. There are shots of the passengers on the upper deck and ten shots of the bus, moving and stationary. Other sea front shots include the Grosvenor Court Hotel and several shots of the gardens and flower beds. The golf club and the putting green feature. There are high angle shots of the seafront and the pier. A pleasure boat is moored at a jetty. There are shots taken on the pier that include the amusements and the big dipper Steel Stella. There are also scenes taken around the swimming pool. These show people swimming and diving. (3 mins 6 secs).
2. An air-sea rescue helicopter flies overhead. There are shots of the Blue Lagoon Ballroom, showing the crowds milling around on the seafront. There are scenes of sunbathing on the beach and shots of the refreshment kiosks. (1 min 8 secs).
3. This film shows the model boating lake and then a scene from the roller skating rink. Fairground scenes include children on the gallopers. People are sunbathing on the beach. There are moving shots taken on the pier. These are too fast to be effective. Other pier scenes include shots of Steel Stella, the helter skelter and the Cresta Run. There are further beach scenes and then shots of fast food outlets including a stall selling jellied eels. (2 mins 13 secs)
4. A brief scene of boys taking the field in a cricket match followed by equally brief shots of elderly people sitting on benches on the sea front. M.V. Crested Eagle pulls away from the pier. There are shots of anglers and then general sea front and beach scenes. These include someone pouring tea. (1 min 36 secs)
5. Film showing street scenes from central Clacton-on-Sea followed by a shot of the Odeon cinema (O:33).
6. Clacton's sea front gardens and flower beds. The gardens around the War Memorial feature along with the tulip beds for which Clacton is famous. (1 min 35 secs).
7. This shows the sea front when it was much quieter. There are shots along Marine Parade taken from a moving vehicle. Static shots show the houses and flower beds. (1 min 27 secs).
The Grosvenor Court Hotel; The Pavilion; The War Memorial; The Odeon Cinema; Clacton Pier; The Blue Lagoon Ballroom